DNS name could not be resolved

Hey guys,

I have problems to connect to my webserver behind a fritzbox. I have setup the update string and get a succesfull result (at least fritzbox is telling it me). However I can´t access the webservices behind the fritzbox (I also added dns rebind). This is the message I get from fritzbox.

Maybe someone has an idea what is causing this issue.
Thanks in advanced

Have you checked if the current FRITZ!Box IP/IPv6 is also correctly updated in the dynv6 DNS, have you checked the status on the dynv6 website?

Can you ping the hostname and is it showing the correct address?

Are you updating both IPv4 and IPv6?

Hello pflaig,

thanks for the response.

yes I´ve checked the website and the corresponding ip6 address (which are correct). I also checked your suggestion and I was able to ping the hostname and its showing the correct address.

Ok, the port forwarding is also enabled for the webserver host?

You wrote address, which hostname have you pinged the one for the FRITZ!Box itself or the one for the webserver?

Can you share some screenshots (anonymized) of the ipv6 zone config and FRITZ!Box settings?

Does your webserver accept ipv6 connections?

Is your browser connecting the webserver via v6?

Hello pflaig,

Ok, the port forwarding is also enabled for the webserver host?

Yes, I did that already.

Can you share some screenshots (anonymized) of the ipv6 zone config and FRITZ!Box settings?

dynv6

Does your webserver accept ipv6 connections?
I suspect yes. It supports both ip4 and ip6 also I checked the ip6 interface id on the fritzbox

And this is my updatequery

http://dynv6.com/api/update?hostname=domain&token=username&ipv4=ipaddr https://dynv6.com/api/update?hostname=domain&token=username&ipv6=::265e:beff:fe13:5e39&ipv6prefix=ip6lanprefix&trash=ip6addr

I removed the brackes since the editor is parsing them out

Hope this info will help to nail down the issue :slight_smile:

Ok, but this is the ip of your FRITZ!Box itself, the script is only updating the prefix.
Have you added a record in your zone for your webserver (for the suffix/host part)?

IPv6 is behaving differently then IPv6. Your Webserver is not reachable over the FRITZ!Box IPv6 + Port.

You will need a zone + an AAAA record with the host part for all host you want to expose

Hello pflaig,

You will need a zone + an AAAA record with the host part for all host you want to expose

I have a zone and an AAAA record running. In the AAAA record you´ll find the IP from the provider and the ip from my webservice.

One record with 2 IPs?

I would expect two records the first with the IP the FRITZ!Box is getting from your provider.
A second with the host id only.

This message is due to your update string.

I guess, ipv6=::265e:beff:fe13:5e39 is the host-id of your webserver, not your fritzbox? After an update, the Fritzbox tests whether it can reach itself under the host name. That works with IPv4, but not with IPv6. Hence the error message.