I added my own domain splunkstudy.club with the domain type of ‘Multiple zones’. I can add sub domains such as test.splunkstudy.club create any DNS entries. However, I want to create DNS entries for the main splunkstudy.club such as MX and CNAME etc. I can’t see any options for this. Any ideas?
It says what you have to do right there, where you can add the domain.
If you’re using the root domain, setup the nameservers with your domain registrar.
I got a similar issue.
I delegated my main domain to dynv6, created some subdomains and everything is fine.
Now I want to create a MX record on the main domain. Can I even do that after I split the domain into multiple zones?
Doesn’t look like it. So change to single zone or host your main Domain else where I would guess.
I solved my issue today by doing the following
- Reverted name servers for splunkstudy.club back to GoDaddy
- Created three nameserver records for a new subdomain dns.splunkstudy.club for ns1.dynv6.com, ns2.dynv6.com and ns3.dynv6.com.
- Delegated dns.splunkstudy.club at dynv6.com
- Wrote a script to create and update subdomains under dns.splunkstudy.club
- Added splunkstudy.club as a domain alias for my existing gmail email. This was free as I already pay for my gmail account each month
i hope this help you.